Cosmetic Tattooing uses pigment, not ink like a normal tattoo. It can therefore be customised to suit skin tone and hair colour, and isn’t permanent.
This is ideal, as styles and personal preferences change, allowing you to evolve your brows over time. Feather Touch Brow Tattoo can last up to 24 months depending on your skin type and how it holds the pigment, as well as how closely you follow your Post-care instructions. Lip tattoo can last up to 3 years
Feather touch is a semi-permanent tattooing technique that creates hairlike strokes to fill in sparse or thinning brows. The results give you an effortless full brow saving you time and money on filling them in. Have confidence without makeup, knowing your eyebrows are always perfect! Depending on your needs, brows can be subtly filled in or completely transformed. However this method is not suitable for all skin types.
The Powder Brow is by no means blocky, but a soft powdery finish that looks like you've just powdered your brows in (hence the name). Using a cosmetic tattoo machine, hundreds of tiny dots of pigment are implanted into the skin which resembles a soft powder finish.
Combination Brow is just that..a perfect mix of fluffy feathered hair strokes at the beginnings blending into powdered tails.
Lipblush Tattoo is the perfect way to transform thin or uneven lips, or lips that have lost colour and definition. There are so many beautiful colours to choose from; either enhance your natural lip colour or match your favourite lipstick shade..
Your eyebrows will be filled in and shaped during your appointment so it’s not necessary to do this, however you're welcome to arrive wearing brow makeup as you normally would.
- Refrain from using aspirin containing medications, ibuprofen, or other blood thinning medications for seven days before and two days after any procedure. No medications should ever be discontinued without consulting your Doctor.
- Alcohol and caffeine is to be avoided 24 hours prior to your treatment.
- Please wash your hair the night before your treatment and lightly exfoliate your brow area.
If you are having lip procedures and have a history of cold sores/fever blisters/herpex simplex, you will be required to obtain the proper antiviral tablets by a prescription or over the counter to prevent an outbreak.
NOTE: If you are using prescription Accutane, you MUST wait a minimum of six months before considering undertaking a cosmetic tattoo treatment. The treatment cannot be performed whilst on Accutane.
Following proper aftercare on your brows is essential to achieve the best results. You will be given an after care card on the day of your treatment to take with you. Please review the following instructions carefully. If during the healing process you have any questions or concerns do not hesitate to contact us.
- Use cream provided only, on brows twice daily for 7 days.
- No exercise for 3-4 days following the procedure.
- Avoid direct sun exposure to brows
- No sweating, saunas, hot tubs or steam rooms for 5 days
- No ocean (salt or pool water) for 10-14 days.
- No retinol/vitamin A products on the forehead for 30 days.
- Do not pick or scratch at any flaking areas
- No make up on brows for 2 weeks
You may experience the following symptoms for 4 days
- Minor swelling, redness and tenderness.
- Itchiness in the eyebrow area.
- Dry flaking skin
- Immediately after treatment, the colour will appear much darker than your chosen shade but after around 10 days of healing they will soften in to a more natural looking colour. This can take longer if your immune is compromised.
- Keep in mind that in many cases, some unevenness of colour is to be expected. This is the purpose of the perfection visit.
Long term maintenance
- Sun exposure will fade your brows, wear a mineral sunscreen.
- Any skin renewing treatments such as strong AHA’s will fade brows quicker
- We recommend Brows be maintained every 18-24 months for a re-touch.
- Lip maintenance every 1-3 years
In most cases you will lose approximately 20-40% of the intensity of the colour during the healing process. This is between 14 – 28 days.
* for up to date prices, see our treatment menu